2022 Legislation/ Upgrade Pricing
Please find the below table for our pricing which include the first year’s
PREMIUM SMOKE ALARM MEMBERSHIP
subscription valued at $129
Legislation for all residential properties in Queensland is changing, increasing the standard of safety regarding smoke alarms. Compliance for rental properties must be completed by 1st January 2022
These new requirements to be in place by 1st January 2022 for rental properties, necessitate the following measures:
- Smoke alarms must be installed in every bedroom of a home
- All smoke alarms must be powered by either 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery
- All smoke alarms must be interconnected to each other
- All smoke alarms must be photoelectric rather than ionisation
- All smoke alarms must comply with AS3786:2014
Smoke alarms must be installed on each storey:
- In each bedroom; and
- In hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- If there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- If there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling
If you are a landlord or home owner, please click on the link below for more information.
Excite Smoke Alarm Compliance has developed a simple competitive pricing structure to give home owners and property managers the security of an upfront cost.
Please find the below table for our pricing which include the first year’s PLATINUM subscription valued at $129
An average 3-bedroom house where all bedrooms are at one end of the hallway - 4 Smoke alarms will be required.
|Pricing and subscription inclusions||Number of Interconnected Alarms|
|2022 Compliant and FIRST year subscription||$459||$624||$789||$954||$1119||$1284||$1449|
|Qualified Electricians attending|
|Faulty alarm replacement for any reason not due to occupants|
|Beeping alarm support|
|Safety Switch push button testing|
|Compliant to 2022 Legislation and ensure alarms meet AS3786|
|Replace removable batteries yearly|
|Unlimited visits – Lease renewals/New tenancies|
|Compliance Certificates with photos of each alarm (Front and Back)|
- Properties requiring installation or replacement of faulty safety switches will be supplied a quote for replacement prior to commencement of works.
- Extra rooms such as office and studies are classed as bedrooms
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- Offices and studies which have been converted to bedrooms are required to have an alarm.
- Properties requiring installation or replacement of faulty safety switches will be supplied a quote for replacement prior to commencement of works. Generally, between $50 - $70 per switch.
- All prices are inclusive of GST.
To ensure compliancy meets the 10-year warranty of the alarms, all existing alarms have been allowed to be replaced in the above scope of works. Connecting new alarms to old alarms is not only problematic, it voids the warranty of the new alarms which is why we have allowed to replace them and upgrade the whole system.